Support the Human Heart Program
Donate to add a LEGO® figure to sit in a replica of Ohio Stadium. Your donations directly support lifesaving heart and vascular research at Ohio State.
Your Donations at Work
The Human Heart research lab at Ohio State is focused on the study of human hearts, many of which come from patients who have received a heart transplant at Ohio State. Dr. Janssen’s research is one of a kind in the nation, and the donations made to the LEGO® stadium directly fund the Human Heart Program. This program uses human hearts which can be kept beating for up to five days and includes 17 research labs at Ohio State dedicated to improving our understanding of heart disease and how to prevent and treat it.
Fund Human Heart Program Research
- $20 - Add one LEGO® minifigure to the stadium and support Human Heart research. **You may customize the size of your gift, in increments of $20, if you wish to purchase more than one minifigure.
- $100 - Add five LEGO® minifigures to the stadium and support Human Heart research.
Make a Greater Impact
- $2,500 - Funds the attendance of a scientific meeting to present our results, or the publication costs of a scientific project.
- $5,000 - Funds a small set of pilot experiments to test a novel drug on the potential to improve the contraction of the heart.
- $10,000 - Funds the yearly expansion of the storage freezers that are needed to preserve the tissue for protein-level correlative experiments.
Did you miss the Day of Giving? You can still give.
Are you staff or faculty? You can make your gift via payroll deduction.