Support student scholarships
Part of what makes Ohio State great is the mix of people from different regions, backgrounds, and walks of life. The out-of-state tuition for Ohio State has recently risen to $32,061/year with an additional estimated room and board cost of $12,434/year. Many of these students striving to attend Ohio State are competing for a limited number of scholarship funds against very accomplished peers; the acceptance rate has become much more competitive and currently sits at 52%.
The local St. Louis endowment has now reached $92,000 which enables us to support (2) $2000 scholarships to incoming freshman from our region. Of course we would like to be able to offer more funds and more scholarships so that we can make Ohio State a reality for more students.
There are several steps we can all take to broaden our circle of influence:
- Annual contributions to the alumni association can be directed towards the St. Louis Club
- Remember to renew your local club membership ($20/family)
- Get involved in our club! We are always looking for additional Buckeyes to join us for events we host. Board meetings are held once quarterly and open to all alumni; those interested can of course join the board.
Some fast facts about the value of an Ohio State education:
- 1st among Ohio publics and No. 17 among all publics (U.S. News and World Report's 2020 edition of "America's Best Colleges")
- Top 12 public research university and No. 3 nationally in industry-sponsored research (National Science Foundation)
- Top 10 among public universities for innovation, a ranking that identifies universities with leading approaches to curriculum, campus life, technology and facilities (U.S. News & World Report)
While we have good times throughout the year at our various events and weekly in the autumn at the football game watches, it should be clear that the sole and express purpose of this alumni club is the scholarship support of local students hoping to attend Ohio State. Everything we do is in an effort to boost these capabilities, be it through local donations or university incentives for hosting events.
Ohio State represents something different to each one of us, but remember "time and change will surely show, how firm thy friendship...OHIO!"
Did you miss the Day of Giving? You can still make an impact.
Are you staff or faculty? You can make your gift via payroll deduction.