Our planet constantly faces many major complex health challenges.
Ohio State’s Global One Health initiative (GOHi) enhances the capacity of our university and our global partners for the mutual benefit of solving the toughest health challenges of our time.
As a 21st century land-grant university, The Ohio State University aims for excellence in service to the state of Ohio, the nation and the world. GOHi’s strategic goals align with the university’s pursuit of excellence—particularly in its responsibility to serving the global community (local, national, international).
Excellence takes time to build year over year. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey. Give today and become part of the GOHi family. We are all stronger together.
A gift to GOHi will support research, training and outreach programs that improve and secure our global health systems.
With your help, we can create a world with sustained capacity of institutional systems that support and advance health and an enduring global community.
The Global One Health initiative:
- Conducts Clinical Research to optimize the diagnosis and prevention of infectious disease
- Implements vaccination campaigns in underserved areas
- Trains public health professionals locally, nationally and internationally
- Works on new drug discovery
- Provides service-learning opportunities for Ohio State undergraduate and graduate students
- Utilizes innovative technologies and multidisciplinary partnerships to implement global health programs
Your donation to GOHi will support:
- Student scholarships
- Research funding
- Biennial International Congress on Pathogens at the Human-Animal Interface (ICOPHAI)
- Annual Global One Health Summer Institute to train public health professionals in East Africa
Did you miss the Day of Giving? You can still make an impact.
Are you staff or faculty? You can make your gift via payroll deduction.
Content of this photo was taken prior to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please follow guidelines put forward by the CDC and local health officials to remain safe and healthy during this time.